Philipsburg Public Schools
Philipsburg Public Schools is devoted to educating its students to provide them with the best possible future. Our staff strives to enhance communities within and beyond Philipsburg, ensuring students are given the education, respect, and care they deserve.
Philipsburg Elementary School
This magnificent Classical Revival school building originally served both elementary and secondary students. Financed by a $30,000 bond, it was dedicated in 1896 just three years after Philipsburg became the seat of Granite County. Two hundred students attended the first year. The prominent architectural firm of Bell and Kent designed the school; their work also includes the original Montana state capitol. The four-story square tower with its large, arched granite entrance dominates the brick and granite building. The Classical Revival style can also be seen in the roof’s closed gabled ends, which form triangular pediments decorated with modillions and circular windows. After a new Philipsburg high school was constructed in 1912, this school housed only elementary classes. Fifteen years later, four additional classrooms and a gymnasium were added to the rear.
Granite High School